Given the popularity of e-cigarettes, more and more people are choosing to take their favorite e-cigarettes with them when they travel. However, many people are not sure how to prepare for e-cigarettes while traveling. This article will help everyone to clarify this briefly.
First of all, it is important to know the e-cigarette policy of the country you are traveling to. In some countries and regions, the sale and use of e-cigarettes are prohibited, such as Brazil, Argentina, Dubai, etc. For more information about e-cigarettes, please visit the website of the Ministry of Health of the respective country or contact the relevant official bodies. In addition, you can also consult the embassy or consulate of the country to get more detailed information.
Second, even if the country allows the sale and use, there are various restrictions and regulations on the use and carrying of e-cigarettes while traveling. These regulations are often formulated jointly by the health and transportation departments of different countries or regions. Therefore, it is recommended that travelers review not only the e-cigarette regulations of the destination country or region, but also study the regulations of individual carriers before traveling to ensure compliance. In addition, different regulations may apply to different modes of transportation.
After entering the country or region, carrying and using e-cigarettes is permitted, but the use of e-cigarettes is equated with smoking, so the use of e-cigarettes in public places may be considered illegal in some countries and regions. These countries and regions include the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Canada, Australia, etc.
Below are some regulations for carrying e-cigarettes in some well-known travel countries for reference:
If you are traveling to the United States with e-cigarettes, you must comply with the following regulations and restrictions:
– Age restriction: the minimum age to purchase e-cigarette products is 21 years old, according to federal law.
– Ban on use in the cabin: the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) prohibits the use of e-cigarettes or other electronic devices on airplanes.
– Ban on use in certain areas: Some cities and states ban the use of e-cigarettes in indoor or outdoor public places. For example, New York City prohibits the use of e-cigarettes in all indoor public places, including restaurants, bars, theaters, etc.
– Carry-on restrictions: If you are boarding an airplane, e-cigarettes must be placed in carry-on baggage or luggage and cannot be carried in checked baggage. Airlines also have regulations on the number and specifications of e-cigarettes that can be carried, which should be asked in advance.
– Prohibition of sale: in some areas, such as San Francisco, the sale of e-cigarette products is prohibited. In addition, some retailers may restrict the sale of e-cigarettes due to increasing regulatory requirements from federal, state, and local authorities.
Thailand is one of the countries that restrict the sale of electronic cigarettes. Here are some restrictions and regulations for traveling with electronic cigarettes in Thailand:
– The manufacture, sale, importation, and use of electronic cigarettes are prohibited in Thailand, including the carrying and use of devices, e-liquids, and vaporizers.
– It is illegal to import electronic cigarette devices, e-liquids and vaporizers into Thailand. Violators will have the items confiscated and face penalties such as fines, imprisonment and deportation.
– Thai customs strictly inspects the luggage of incoming travelers, both hand luggage and checked luggage. If electronic cigarettes, e-liquids and vaporizers are found, they will be confiscated and violators will face penalties.
– Smoking, including electronic cigarettes, is prohibited in public places in Thailand, and violators face fines and imprisonment.
Therefore, if you are planning a trip to Thailand, you should not bring electronic cigarettes, e-liquids, and vaporizers with you.
If you are traveling to France with electronic cigarettes, you must comply with the following rules and restrictions:
– Age restriction: in France, it is forbidden for people under 18 to buy and use electronic cigarettes.
– Restricted Places: France prohibits the use of electronic cigarettes in enclosed public places, offices, campuses, and other indoor locations.
– Sales Restrictions: Electronic cigarettes may only be sold by licensed retailers.
– Ban on online sales: France bans online sales of electronic cigarettes.
– Ban on additives: France bans the addition of flavors and fragrances to electronic cigarettes and only allows the use of pure tobacco flavoring.
– Nicotine limit: The nicotine content in electronic cigarettes must not exceed 20 milligrams/milliliter.
The regulations for carrying electronic cigarettes when traveling to Spain are as follows:
– Purchase: In Spain, the sale and use of electronic cigarettes are not prohibited, and they can be purchased in specialty stores or online.
– Carry-on: When traveling by public transportation such as planes, boats, trains or long-distance busses, electronic cigarettes should be carried in your hand luggage and comply with the regulations of the respective transportation company. According to Spanish regulations, the following rules must be observed when carrying electronic cigarettes:
– Electronic cigarettes and batteries must be carried on board and not checked in;
– The battery carried must comply with EU safety standards and be marked with a symbol applicable to electronic cigarettes;
– The use of electronic cigarettes is not permitted in public places, including restaurants, bars and public transportation;
– The sale of electronic cigarettes to minors is prohibited.
Finally, a few small suggestions for when you are on the road, in the hope that you’ll also enjoy electronic cigarettes on your trip:
Release on Apr 7, 2023
Subscribe to our newsletters to receive Special Offers
Promotions and News. Never miss out on a good opportunity.
© 2019 Joyetech Group. All rights reserved.